Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

What a wonderful birthday its been too! Last Thursday I went out to celebrate with the gang in college - and they had gone to the trouble of finding me science themed gifts! I got a rack of test tubes (filled with colourful jellybeans and some vodka!), and a Bunsen burner turned candle stand (drawing above)! The Bunsen even had on it engraved "TO MITHY, LOVE ALL YOUR PALS AT LONDON MET, 2007" ... you can imagine how chuffed I was (and still am...).

This morning I got to see the rest of my gifts - mostly books from my Amazon wishlist. I'm SOOOOO happy and excited to get them all - half my list has been accounted for ... There's even one more book that hasn't arrived yet - so that will be EIGHT in total! Happy Happy me!!!

Thank you all my pals at London Met, and all of the Batchelor family, and lovely Sunshine (for my Mikroman and a wonderful day out!) for my presents, and thank you to everyone who called/e-mailed/
texted - its nice to be remembered as I get older. And last but not least, thanks to Ammu and Abbu for having me!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Happy belated Birthday to you! Sounds like you had a good time, and have a good haul of books. ;-) Birthday hugs from sunny Liverpool, where I can see the sun shining on the snowfields on Snowdon this morning!