Monday, March 26, 2007

Daily drawings of domesticity ...



After TWO image free blog entries - tsk!tsk! - I thought I'd upload some pictures from my daily drawing diary. I seem to end up doing a lot of things from the house - mainly because they're the most accessible things around, and also because they're the most familiar. I'm sure I read somewhere once something about "draw things that you know about".

I'm trying my best to keep up to date with this diary as its going to be part of my interview portfolio (they like to see sketchbooks as well as finished work) - but its hard to get motivated sometimes. I find I often fall back and then end up filling up several pages at one go! Hopefully on interview day the pages up to the day before will be chock-a-block full of drawings.

4 comments:

Bitterjug said...

Ooh lovely stuf. Can anyone else see the strange creature on the ironing board, the neck makes the eye and the end of the board is the nose.

mrana said...

These are wonderful. The ironing board so simply done yet so accurate and the colours on the dressing-gown are brilliant ... that portfolio will be excellent if you carry on like this.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

LOVE both of these.

Kate Moore said...

It's so true though, isn't it? To draw and keep drawing, sometimes it's the mundane that we have to perfect our skills on. This was my first attempt at Illustration Friday. I was sitting in front of the telly, again with an ironing board and iron out. http://katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com/2008/06/illustration-friday-forgotten.html