Thursday, June 07, 2007

School outing

Summer term week 8 at art school

This was our week-off off college (as the assessments happen in our absence) and so some of my course mates and I decided to go on a school outing to the Museum of Childhood. I used to live round the corner from there so I've been several times - but its always a pleasure to go look at all the toys. This time I thought I'd draw some of the toys they have that I used to have as a child.

Please ignore the dates on the pages - I'm filling in the diary in retrospect!



Hmmm ... my drawing mojo has gone to pot while I've been struggling over the FMP. What dubious sketches :( I need to get back into practice!

I used to have a viewmaster viewer when I was a wee-nipper ... it was so long ago that I don't even remember what image disks I used to have!

The film E.T. came out when I was about 8 and I went to watch it with my grandma at the cinema - so exciting! The battery powered E.T. with its glowing orange and blue LED lights was a prized possession - I think I got it for my birthday, but no idea who from.

Mum used to buy me Chupa Chups lollipops as a special treat whenever we went on a day trip to Singapore. At the time the lollies came with free Playmobil characters. I amased quite a set of Red Indians and Cowboys and I think I even had a couple of horses ...

My, what a leaky brain I have .....

1 comment:

Alison said...

When we went to England in 1990, my children were passionate about playmobile and keen to see if England had anything they hadn't seen - they did - a bag-lady set complete with park bench, bottle of booze, shopping bags and disapproving starer:)