Thursday, May 21, 2009

A little bit of inspiration ...

I've got another week and a half of diligent work till the last hand-ins for this term - how time flies, eh? I'm developing the little girl dancing images into a children's book and am really enjoying it at the moment - but its all very much work-in-progress right now so I haven't really got anything to show here ...

Instead I thought I'd share some wonderful websites I've come across whilst doing research for this project - and also because my drawing style is slowly becoming very much more retro inspired ...

TWO blogs of vintage children's books! (click on images to go straight to the blogs):



And also there's these three flickr groups ... mmmmm..... eye candy!

EDIT: German children's book illustration!

I'm going to have to do 4 fully illustrated spreads, and an accompanying dummy book which is the full set of 13 spreads + title pages + end papers done as sketches rather than fully illustrated. Hopefully, if the tutors are happy with it and I get a lot of good feedback, I'm going to try and finish off the whole book over summer - yay :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a Gocco disaster.....I'm going to do a write up on every idiotic mistake I made later, Schoolgirl errors a plenty, actually laughable. I cracked it in the end only to discover I had no screens left.....an hour later, with an Etsy Alchemy request answered my invites are being made somewhere over the pond a million times better than my pathetic attempts which leaves me to sink a bottle of vino this eveining thank goodness.

If only I had met you sooner! I'd be nagging for your help (lucky you)