Friday, September 29, 2006

Virtual noticeboard

I haven't managed to do much sketching in the last few days as I've spent most of my time dealing with all the paperwork and finances and everything else that needs dealing with when you start going to university. Yesterday though we had our "induction" where we got to find out about the structure of the course, our timetable for the next term, be allocated lockers, meet the tutors, and more importantly, meet my fellow students. It looks like I'm going to be surrounded by some really interesting and talented people!

Another thing I found out was that I needed to start on a sketchbook - my instructions were :

"Complete an A4 hardback notebook as a visual diary of your thoughts and ideas about your work and life. Let it reflect your interests in subject, style and materials. Allow themes to develop. Make it personal, significant and complete."


Fortunately I HAD a spare A4 sketchbook lying round the house, and I decided I needed to personalise it so that if it go lost, it would find its way back to me. I've done a kind of virtual-noticeboard in the front cover with all the relevant info, and enough space around the edges that I can always add more stuff if I need to. I'm looking forward to filling up the whole sketchbook !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great start for this sketchbook! I can't wait to see what else will soon be in there!

Lin said...

WHAT A FUN ASSIGNMENT and WONDERFULLY DONE WORK!!! This sounds just like the EDM challenges!!! GO GIRL!

Robyn said...

Oh, how I envy you having the opportunity to spend every waking moment thinking of art making with a univeristy course as a valid excuse. If this is any indication of your skill then you will do well. Enjoy your classes.

Ramesh Gandhi said...

What a good idea. Full of envy!

zorka said...

OMG.. new life direction! Mark told me about your blog. I miss the old days and the london days. :)

suzanne cabrera said...

Love the noticeboard! How great that you have been instructed to keep a visual diary... I wish I had the same excuse to work in my sketchbook. Sometimes I see it as a guilty pleasure as there are tons of other 'creative projects' that could probably use my attention more.

Jana Bouc said...

How great that the first order of business is your sketchbook! It will be fun seeing what you do. You're already off to a good start with these.