Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Photography

Sunshine's sister came over today to get some photos taken of all the stuff she designs and makes. She needed to update her website and she also wants to make up a catalogue - but WE'VE got the lovely camera, and a place with decent light. So we borrowed the flatmate's chunky tripod and set up a mini studio on the floor with the camera propped to take shots from the top.

Here's my impression of Sunshine taking photos - unfortunately his sister who was crouched near the floor rearranging the shot didn't quite fit into the paper (phew! I can only handle drawing ONE human figure at a time!).

By the way, Sunshine is WAY better looking than what I've managed to portray here ...

3 comments:

Lin said...

All of your sketches are terrific!! But I think I like this one best thusfar -- such a quizzical look on his face .. and the camera is terrific!! !Keep 'em coming!

Jana Bouc said...

This is great. I love your drawings!

Anonymous said...

But it does look lik e him! I mean I could recognise it as him as soon as I saw it, a great characature (sp?) and just wonderful textures on the shirt and the tripod.

I am now convinced, Mithi, you have made the right choice. I've seen your pics before and your prints and stuff. Some of your older sketches look flat but now I am sure this is because you were copying them from pictures. These last few posts, especially the guys on benches, are done from life and have much more depth in them on account, as the other commenter said, of the planes and angles. You have a really good eye for this stuff and your results are amazingly illustrative. Go forward Dr Mithi, this is fantastic stuff.

Draw from life, people, toys and buildings, too, do organic still life and nature, I'd love to see your interpretation of the different kinds of trees. Congratulations on the course, btw!