Thursday, January 31, 2008

Self portraits 6 - 10

Quick one using non-waterproof Quink ink, and a skewer.


Acrylic on primed paper. I really wanted to have a go at my hair.


Diluted Indian ink washes using a brush (this one is my favourite for today).


Coloured pencils on black thick paper - based on this photo taken by Sunshine.


By now I'm bored - dip pen in Indian ink.


Can you tell which ones are from life, and which ones from photos? Which side my hair grip is on gives a clue. Also, as you can see, I was wrapped up in my red scarf today - its been mighty cold! 10 down and another 20 to go ...

Am working at college as a 'student ambassador' the next two days - so a break from the portraits. Also, if any of my readers are potential UWE illustration students and coming for route-A interviews tomorrow, do say hello!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorites so far are the last one here and the first one on the previous post. I never hear of quink ink before. And you used a skewer? Like a dip pen? Cool.

janey
http://janeysjourneyu.com

Tiara said...

i want your barrette!!

ksklein said...

wow. i really like each and every portrait of this second set you posted. great.

Adam Foster-Fahy said...

The two coloured ones are nice, especially the coloured pencils on black paper.

Marie-Dom said...

Your self portraits are such fun. I've really enjoyed looking at them.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

I like every one of these 5. A lot.