Tuesday, March 22, 2011

He had such beautiful hands...

This morning, Sunshine and I attended a funeral. It was just us, the chaplain, and the funeral director. We were saying goodbye to our Little Wind.

Two weeks ago Sunshine wrote this to tell our friends the news:

He had such beautiful hands.

On Monday morning there were some complications with the pregnancy, and we had to go to the hospital. At around 2:45pm on Monday 7/3/2011 Mithi went into labour. At 22 weeks there is no chance of a baby surviving, he did not open his eyes, nor took a breath. We spent some time with Little Wind, to say goodbye. He had such beautiful hands, with long elegant fingers.

There were no signs of problems before Monday morning, and there was nothing that we or the doctors could do. The doctors and midwives at St Michaels in Bristol were fantastic.

It was the worst day of our lives, in the worst week of our lives. There are a lot of tears here.

Thank you to our many friends and family who are supporting us.
For Adam and Corrina, Mark and Nic, and our other friends who are expecting at the moment, we wish you all the best, really we do.
Lots of Love
Drew and Mithi
After the last post, I really wish I had something positive to write here. Life had indeed got a bit better over February. My sickness had settled down; we had our scan at 19 weeks and Little Wind was looking wonderful and healthy; I'd even had my folks visit for a couple of weeks - and bump had really started showing in those two weeks too. I had grand plans of how I was going to re-start posting here.

As you can imagine, those plans are on hold now for a bit while Sunshine and I try and get to grips with what has just happened to us. Sunshine has been my rock - despite having to deal with own grief, he has constantly been here for me. And so have all our friends and family - thank you everyone. And thank you to all those people who come and read my blog and join me on Planetmithi.

7 comments:

Gayle said...

:hugs: xxx

judith said...

so sorry xxxx

June said...

I am so sorry to read your very sad news. One so small can leave such a big hole in the hearts of those left grieving.
Sending a big hug to you all.

Elaine said...

I lost my first too... But now, I am blessed with two beautiful girls! Take some time to recuperate and don't hive up!

sue bulmer said...

Oh mithi, I haven't popped by in a while and gave just read your dreadful news, so sorry to hear thus, and sending lots of thoughts and love to you and sunshine x

Leticia Sophia said...

Sorry to read that. God bless your heart. Kisses from Brazil.

suzanne cabrera said...

Mith + Sunshinei--My heart aches as I read this. I've missed out on getting to visit for quite a while and this comes as such a shock. Like Elaine, I lost a baby prior to Max + Miles and know how incredibly deep this pain runs. There aren't the words to express....

Just know you have a friend on the other side of the ocean who has, and will continue to have, you in her thoughts.