Thursday, February 04, 2010

Fisherman ...


Having watched lots of fishermen going in and out of the little harbours in all the seaside villages we have visited in Cornwall, I've for a long time wanted to do a project based on some kind of fisherman-with-a-big-beard narrative. I still don't know what to make of it, but I thought I'd start by geting the fisherman image out of my head. Post assessment, I was given feedback that I worked best with shapes, and needed to break away from the use of lines to explain things. As an excercise, I thought I'd re-do my fisherman image as cut shapes. All experiments and work-in-progress ...

If any of you have or have access to a short, sweet, fisherman story that I could illustrate - would really appreciate hearing about it ...

5 comments:

claire platt said...

I love this picture!
fishing is really weird. matt likes fishing so we went once (i think theres pictures on fb) that isn't an interesting fisherman story at all! but yeah!
I love seeing your progress shots! your so good at painting! (and drawing and paper cutting!)

Tinys and Tea said...

love the painting of the fisherman! such lovely bright colours good job!

Dilkey said...

Your fisherman is soo cute. You can think of a story based on " Give man a fish, he lives for a day. Teach man to fish, he lives forever " Good luck. Ammu

Charlotte Cooke said...

I LOVE HIM MITHI!!! X

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

sweet